The series will feature eight single malts from the Scotch whisky producer’s stable of distilleries and brands, including Lagavulin, Oban, Talisker, Cardhu, Royal Lochnagar, Dalwhinnie, Clynelish and The Singleton.
Diageo announced the collaboration with the award-winning HBO series in a short trailer released on its Lagavulin Twitter account: ‘Honor the great houses and the Night’s Watch with the @GameofThrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection, coming this fall. Eight single malt scotch whiskies by @lagavulinwhisky @obanmalt @singletonwhisky @taliskerwhisky #Cardhu #RoyalLochnagar #Dalwhinnie #Clynelish’
It’s anticipated that each bottling in the series will be named after the seven Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms – Stark, Targaryen, Lannister, Tyrell, Baratheon, Tully and Greyjoy – as well as the Night’s Watch, an army tasked with defending The Wall against the wildlings who live beyond.
- Cardhu Gold Reserve (40% ABV), non-age-statement Speyside single malt
- Royal Lochnagar 12 year old (40%) ABV, Highlands single malt
- Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost (43% ABV), non-age-statement Highlands single malt
- Oban Bay Reserve (43%), non-age-statement Highlands single malt
- Talisker Select Reserve (45.8% ABV), non-age-statement Isle of Skye single malt
- Lagavulin 9 years old (46% ABV), Islay single malt
- Singleton of Glendullan Select (40% ABV), non-age-statement Speyside single malt
- Clynelish Reserve (51.2% ABV), non-age-statement Highlands single malt
The collection is due for launch later this autumn, ahead of the eighth and final series of Game of Thrones, which airs in 2019.
The TV dramatisation of George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels has received widespread acclaim since its debut in 2011, including 38 Primetime Emmy Awards.
The Game of Thrones Single Malt Collection will also coincide with the release of a commemorative Johnnie Walker.
The release of White Walker by Johnnie Walker was teased across social media in May this year, with an image of the brand’s iconic Striding Man transformed into a White Walker – one of the show’s army of undead villains.
White Walker by Johnnie Walker is also scheduled for release this autumn, although brand owner Diageo is yet to unveil further details about the edition.